Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Aquarium and other Haps

Have come to the conclusion it is economically unfeasible for me to move out within the next six months, as I've just purchased rental property, and have no funds to move out with.

Words cannot describe my disappointment.

Instead, I will say that I went to Photographer's Night at the Aquarium of the Pacific.

Tip: when shooting pictures of fish through thick acrylic, find a spot that doesn't have a scratch in it, and wipe it clean. Also, bring a macro lens.

It was very fun, though very few of my pictures came out well. I attribute it to both lack of skill and unfamiliarity with settings. On the plus side, the event as a whole did improve my skill with DSLRs in general, so it can't be said to be a loss in any sense of the word.

Ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. afterwards. Ridiculously expensive, but was fun. Will probably not go back.

Other events of note:

Girlfriend took the GRE, did not do well, apparently. We will see when the results come out.
Girlfriend also got sandwiched.

Conclusion: Week was filled with Girlfriend related shenanigans.

No comments: