Sunday, October 16, 2011

DineLA and Rune Factory

This year's DineLA restaurant was Maison Akira, a French restaurant with a Japanese chef.

This is a unexpectedly good thing. For an even $100USD, I got a three course meal (with wine pairings) consisting of

Grilled Duck Foie Gras - on Daikon Confit in a Portwine Truffle Sauce

Maple Leaf Duck Breast Rôti - Sauce Aigre-Doux with Potato Galette and Legumes de Saison


Pineapple Rôti and Pistachio Wrapped in Phyllo - with Rhum Raisin Ice Cream

The true winner of the night, however, was the Grilled Chilean Sea Bass(or Patagonia Toothfish, as I like to call it). Soft and melt in your mouth tasty.

That's not to say the rest of it was bad, it was all wonderful, but the fish put it all to shame.

Maison Akira also offers a $160USD ten-course meal with wine pairings. I will be sure to come back and try it some day.


The big time-occupier of the week is the new Harvest Moon/Rune Factory game RF:Tides of Destiny. Having played just about every Harvest Moon there is, there was no way I was going to let this game pass me by. And it's fun as hell, to me anyway. Others might have a different opinion. Die-hard Harvest Moon fans would be annoyed to note that farming is different in this game as compared to even previous Rune Factory games. This game is more centered on crafting and fighting than one would expect from any Harvest Moon.

I find I don't have a problem with this. Actually, it's saved me lots of repetitive plant-watering, and for that I am thankful.

Will be gone from Wednesday to Sunday. I'm taking HWY 1 up to San Francisco and Napa for a 5 day photo-venture. Well, it's really only 4 days, the last one is spent purely on driving back home.

Hoping all goes well.

No comments: