Monday, May 16, 2011

Road Trip Spring 2011 Thoughts

I'll be honest. This road trip was a huge hit to my finances, what with Nikki's accident and various other unexpected costs.

Even worse was the 10k I needed to write to the US Treasury when I got home for the 6/15 deadline.

I don't regret any of it.

Not even the titty bar.

Especially not the titty bar. (Reminds me that there are still beautiful women in the world outside of the pages of a magazine or a LCD. That and beautiful women are expensive.)



Not even the part with Nikki's accident.

Life's like that. Ups and Downs. Usually more Downs than Ups, but we learn to roll with the punches.

Someday, we'll look back on our vehicular mishap leading up to Nikki's sacrifice(probably when Nan and I go to Holland to visit Arjen) and laugh at our ridiculous circumstances.


It might be pretentious for me to say this, but it's just money. You can always make more. The memories of our human experience, fueled by that money, are truly what is important.

Now to pay off my credit card and the money I owe Nan...and to look forward to the next adventure.

No comments: