Thursday, February 4, 2010

Triela

So I got that 870, the exact model I wanted.

 
Isn't she beautiful?
Remington Model 870 Express Tactical with Ghost Ring sights. I promptly got to work adding my own touches to it. The nice thing about the 870 is that there are over 10 million of the things floating around in the world, and aftermarket parts and modifications are widely available.

 
The current Triela.
For those of you wondering about the name, Triela is a character from a Anime/Manga called Gunslinger Girl, one of my favorites. Triela, the character, uses an old Winchester 1897 Trench Gun, and I thought it appropriate for my first pump shotgun to carry her name. 

It's such a beautiful name, is it not?

Triela...rolls of the tongue...

Anyways, Triela's wearing a nifty BLACKHAWK! Knoxx stock, a TacStar sidesaddle, and a pretty standard 2 point sling. I'm pretty excited about the stock, as it claims to reduce 80-95% of felt recoil, a pretty outrageous claim, judging from my own shotgun experiences, but I'm giving BLACKHAWK! the benefit of the doubt. I sure hope it's true.

In other news:

I'll be heading out to Joshua Tree National Park for a two day backpacking trip next weekend. This marks the first Valentine's Day in more than 5 years that I'm not spending with a woman. It feels odd and a little saddening. 

I'd be lonelier, but I'm not heading out the the desert by myself. A recently single friend of mine is going with me...well...technically, I'm going with him, but hey, I'm not complaining.

After all is said and done, humans are still social creatures.

No comments: